Updated May 3, 2016
The Information We Collect
In the course of operating the Site and/or providing our Services, we may collect (and/or receive) the following types of information. You authorize us to collect and/or receive such information.
1. Personal Information
When you sign up to become a Registered User, you will be required to provide us with personal information about yourself, such as your name, e-mail address, location, and phone number. If you contact us, you will need to provide your name and e-mail address. Registered Users may also provide identifiable information in the course of using the Site or the Services. All information we collect and/or receive under this section is collectively called “Personal Information.” We do not collect any personal information from Visitors or Registered Users unless they provide such information voluntarily.
2. Transaction Information.
When Registered Users wish to make a Product purchase, they must provide certain information about the transactions they are seeking to execute, such as product specifications and shipping address. Such information is collectively called the “Transaction Information.” You acknowledge and agree that your Transaction Information is shared with applicable Suppliers so that they can process and ship your order. Although we contractually obligate Suppliers to use your Transaction Information solely for the purposes of processing and shipping your order, we cannot control, and we are not responsible for, any Supplier’s use or misuse of your Transaction Information.
3. Other Information.
In addition to the information noted above, we may collect additional information (collectively, the “Other Information”). Such Other Information may include:
a. From You
. Additional information about yourself that you voluntarily provide to us, such as job title, company size and annual revenue, product and service preferences, and other information that does not identify you personally.
b. From Your Activity
. Information that we automatically collect when you use the Site or the Services, including, without limitation:
- IP addresses, which may consist of a static or dynamic IP address and will sometimes point to a specific identifiable computer or device; browser type and language; referring and exit pages and URLs; date and time; amount of time spent on particular pages; what sections of the Site you visit; and similar data; and
- Information about your device, including the type of device; universally unique ID (“ ”); advertising identifier (“IDFA”); MAC address; operating system and version (e.g., iOS, Android or Windows); carrier and country location; hardware and processor information (e.g., storage, chip speed, camera resolution, NFC enabled); network type (WiFi, 3G, 4G, LTE); and similar data.
c. From Cookies
. Information that we collect using “cookie” technology. Cookies are small packets of data that a website stores on your computer’s or mobile device’s hard drive so that your computer will “remember” information about your visit. We may use both session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to help us collect Other Information and to enhance your experience using the Site or the Services. If you do not want us to place a cookie on your hard drive, you may be able to turn that feature off on your computer or mobile device. Please consult your Internet browser’s documentation for information on how to do this and how to delete persistent cookies. However, if you decide not to accept cookies from us, the Site or the Services may not function properly.
d. Third-Party Analytics
For more information on Google Analytics, including how to opt out from certain data collection, please visit https://www.google.com/analytics. Please be advised that if you opt out of any service, you may not be able to use the full functionality of the Site or the Services.
4. Billing Information.
Information Collected by or Through Third-Party Advertising Companies
Accessing and Modifying Personal Information and Communication Preferences
If you are a Registered User, you may access, review, and make changes to your Personal Information, certain Other Information, and, if applicable, Billing Information by following the instructions found on the Site. In addition, you may manage your receipt of marketing and non-transactional communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of any Kinnek marketing email. Registered Users cannot opt out of receiving transactional e-mails related to their account. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to process such requests in a timely manner. You should be aware, however, that it is not always possible to completely remove or modify information in our subscription databases.
How We Use and Share the Information
We use the Personal Information, the Transaction Information, and the Other Information (collectively, the “Information”) to provide the Services; to process orders for Products; to maintain and improve our Site and Services; to solicit your feedback; and to inform you about our products and services and those of our third-party marketing partners.
We may also use and/or share Information as described below.
- Kinnek will access, use, and share the Information as required to process your orders and provide support to you.
- In order to provide our Services, we may share the Information with our third-party promotional and marketing partners, including, without limitation, businesses participating in our various programs.
- We may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples may include providing technical assistance, order fulfillment, customer service, and marketing assistance. These other companies will have access to the Information only as necessary to perform their functions and to the extent permitted by law.
- In an ongoing effort to better understand our Visitors, Registered Users, and Services, we may analyze Information in aggregate form. This aggregate information does not identify you personally. We may share this aggregate data with our affiliates, agents, and business partners, including, without limitation, Suppliers. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe our Site and Services to current and prospective business partners and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
- We may share some or all of your Information with any of our parent companies, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control with us.
- As we develop our businesses, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, sale of assets, dissolution, or similar event, the Information may be part of the transferred assets.
- To the extent permitted by law, we may also disclose the Information: (i) when required by law, court order, or other government or law enforcement authority or regulatory agency; or (ii) whenever we believe that disclosing such Information is necessary or advisable, for example, to protect the rights, property, or safety of Kinnek or others.
Information You Share
How We Protect the Information
We take commercially reasonable steps to protect the Information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Please understand, however, that no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that the Information that you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to and from us over the Internet. In particular, e-mail sent to or from the Site may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail.
Important Notice to Non-U.S. Residents
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83, California residents who have an established business relationship with Kinnek may choose to opt out of our sharing your Personal Information with third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and (1) you wish to opt out; or (2) you wish to request certain information regarding our disclosure of your Personal Information to third parties for the direct marketing purposes, please send an e-mail to email@example.com
245 5th Ave, 6th Floor
New York, NY 10016
Kinnek does not monitor, recognize, or honor any behavioral advertising opt-out or do not track mechanisms, including general web browser “Do Not Track” settings and/or signals.
How to Contact Us