I've seen some special-purpose icer/glazer machines on the market, especially ones made by Hinds-Bock. Are these machines similar to chocolate enrobers? Could I use a chocolate enrobing machine to do the same job as these machines?

Add comment

1 answer


The simple answer is: maybe. It all depends on what the glazing compound is and what you're coating.

Two of the most important factors to consider are the temperature and viscosity (thickness) of the coating. The closer those two parameters are to tempered chocolate or compound coating then the greater the likelihood you can use a machine designed for chocolate or compound to glaze whatever you need to.

However, if the glaze needs to be very hot (over 60-70C) and/or it's very thin, then you probably want to consider a machine specifically made for glazing.
Add comment